Artists Working with Sound Foundry Productions
- a wonderful harp, flute and cello group! (5 CD titles with Sound Foundry) New Release !
- Cincinnati Camerata - a living chorus bringing life early period choral music as well as modern fare for you! Director: Christian Miller
Cincinnati Men's Chorus -
great music and variety performances! Director: Dr. Patrick Coyle (4 titles with Sound Foundry) New Release !
- Conundrum - a great mix of modern and traditional fine arts music played with passion! (voice, flute, clarinet & piano) (look for a new realse, fall 2009!)
- Fanchon Shur - modern dance performance series (many audio programs created by Sound Foundry) New Release !
- King Reeves and Charlie Wilson - 1'st place Billboard Song Contest winner , wonderful vibe and piano jazz cats! (5 titles with Sound Foundry - including the winning song. Web design, Sound Foundry)
- One fantastic clarinetist and Professor of Music/Clarinet, Miami University, Oxford (4 titles with Sound Foundry)
- Musica Sacra - a vibrant chorus performing since 1966 with its founder, Helmut J. Roehrig, Music Director and Conductor!
- The great Principal Bassist for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (1 title with Sound Foundry)
And, member of the new band, Toe
- A smooth vocal quartet that will take you away - often heard on MOJO 94.9 FM (Artist Photos on their website & CD cover by John Burgess/Sound Foundry - Mixed & mastered 1 title with Sound Foundry)
- Sarah Danielle - A most talented conductor, concert pianist and orchestrator/arranger - conductor of the TriRhena Symphony Orchestra and Opera, France - a joy to work with! (1 title with Sound Foundry)
- Philip Amalong - One fantastic pianist and composer with many tricks up his sleve! (2 titles with Sound Foundry and a new one coming soon!)
- Simon Over - Music Director of The Southbank Sinfonia, London England. While director of the Choir of St. Margaret's, Westminster Abby, London, maestro Over conducted a collection of beautiful a cappella pieces recorded by Sound Foundry - some never before recorded. (A wonderful and talented director to work with!)
Southern Gateway Chorus
- One of the most medalled barbershop chorus groups in the country! Celebrating 50 years in 2006 (2 new titles with Sound Foundry and 1 historic remastering project)
- Steve McManaman- A wonderful composer, electronic musician and conductor of acoustic music as well based in Cincinnati. See his new release!!
- An amazing pianist who plays music ranging, from blues and mainstream jazz to Latin music (Mixed 1 title with Sound Foundry)
- An interesting and thought provoking Christian rock band. (Great listener reviews too - click-on!) (1 title with Sound Foundry)
- Vocal Arts Ensemble - The VAE has been acclaimed for artistry and interpretation of a diverse repertoire emphasizing the introduction of recent contemporary works by American composers as well as masterworks of the sixteenth through twentieth centuries.
- One of the top piano technicians working - and most used by Sound Foundry in as many recordings as possible!
More Listings Soon!
Cincinnati Area Music, Performing Arts & Sound Related Links
- Blues & Jazz
- Blue Wisp - a wonderful jazz night club
- Cincinnati Blues Society
- Cincinnati Jazz Club - an interesting club that has also revived a series long missed by many, Jazz at the Hyatt - but no more!
- Classical and Arts
- American Classical Music Hall of Fame - a non-profit organization dedicated to the celebration of American fine arts music
- Baroque Violin Shop
- The Catacoustic Consort - "A variety of rare and exciting world-class early music" played on period instruments.
- CCM - College Conservatory of Music - University of Cincinnati. A great program with many performances free to the public.
- Cincinnati Arts Association - your connection to info. on events in Cincinnati and more
- Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- Cincinnati Opera Company
- Cincinnati May Festival - the oldest choral festival in the western hemisphere
- Greater Cincinnati Classical Guitar Society - a good concert series and more - with support from UC-CCM professor Clare Callahan (who studied with Andres Segovia!)
- Linton Chamber Music Series - some of the top artists of the world in a chamber music setting - a most unusual opportunity to hear and meet artists of this caliber in a small, intimate setting
- Cincinnati Flute Works - Repair and sales of fine instruments
- The Mercantile Library- A number of fine music performances to check out each year
- Venues, Festivals, Equipment, the Scene and More
- 20'th Century Theater - an historic venue for interesting acts
- Bogart's - a scene to see today's hot bands
- The Southgate House - a club to see fine local and touring bands
- Taft Theater - performance venue in downtown Cincinnati
- Appalachian Festival - annual music, crafts and life festival
- Cincinnati Folk Life - Folk, Celtic Music and more
- Cincinnati Fringe Festival - annual festival of performing arts
- Cincinnati Music Online - learn more about events, artists and groups - includes a board where you can communicate too
- MidPoint Music Festival - Midwest's biggest music festival - drew 50,000 music fans to the clubs in 2005!
- Oktoberfest-Zinzinnati USA - Cincinnati's German festival "The nation's largest, most authentic Oktoberfest" - and "world's largest Chicken Dance"
- Enjoy the Arts - an organization started to introduce people under the age of 30 to the vast majority of arts related events in the Cincinnati area offering large discounts with membership - Now providing discounts to folks over 30 too!
- Everybody's Records - unique CD, Tapes & LP retailer
- ICB Audio - audio equipment sales, repairs, instillation, etc.
- Lintel - multimedia duplicators
- QCA (Queen City Albums) - manufacturer/duplicator of CD's, tapes, etc.
- The Tape Company - blank media supplies & duplication (local phone In Blue Ash: 513-489-1600)
- Public Radio
- WAIF FM - a most unique public radio station! (programming: broad mix)
- WMKV FM - big band, vocal standards and historic radio programs
- WGUC FM - classical music
- WVXU FM - NPR news and some world music, jazz, etc.
- WNKU FM - Northern Kentucky University Radio
- WOBO FM - Batavia Ohio public broadcasting (programming: broad mix)
- WOXY - Former 97X-FM style rock signed on once again and began a new life as possibly the first terrestrial radio station to make the move to an Internet-only entity.
- Public Television
- WCET - (CET) Cincinnati Educational Television
- Cincinnati Dance
- Cincinnati Ballet
- Contemporary Dance Theater - wonderful performance series, classes and more
- Growth in Motion - dance performance, holistic technique and more
- Got a good Link?... Send it in!
General Music & Sound Related Links
- Mechanical Licensing - allowing you to record the music of others
- Harry Fox Agency - HFA is the foremost mechanical licensing, collection, and distribution agency for U.S.. music publishers. (Go here and Public Domain Music below when you want to record and release the music of others.)
- Public Domain Music - check to see if a piece is in the public domain
- Performance Rights
Sign up with one of these organizations so you can be paid when radio, TV and media use your music. (It is nearly impossible for your music to get radio/TV/Media play if you are not signed to one of these two organizations. (Choose the one that seems to best fit your situation.)
- ASCAP - American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- BMI - Broadcast Music Inc.
- Other Music Related
- Grammy.com - the big awards in the recording industry - plus education, outreach and more.
- MIDI Manufactures Association - website
- Millennia Media - mic pre-amps and more (one of the reasons Sound Foundry recordings sound so good!)
- Music Room - sheet music for musicians
- Sheet Music Plus - "world's largest selection of sheet music"
- CD Baby - a place to order a wide variety of (and sell your own!) music recordings
- Got a good Link?... Send it in!
Other Links of Interest
- Cincinnati Area
- Cincinnati Art Museum
- Contemporary Arts Center - contemporary visual arts and more
- Cincinnati Museum Center - history/natural history, Omni Max and more!
- Cincinnati Observatory Center - an historic 19'th century observatory (with a beautiful wood and brass telescope) - programs and meeting space available
- The Taft Museum - "known as one of the finest small art museums in America. A National Historic Landmark built in about 1820, the Taft is home to nearly 700 works of art." Art displayed in the setting of an historic home.
- Verdin Bell Company - old world bell casting and manufacturing with a bell related history museum (You may rent the museum hall for parties!)
City Beat Paper - Cincinnati weekly arts and entertainment
- Ohio Renaissance Festival - travel back to a 16'th century English village each fall
- Tall Stacks - a large river boat festival held in Cincinnati every 3 or 4 years - Next in 2009
- Cincinnati Area Food, Tea, Coffee, Spirits & More!
(Featuring locally owned and one of a kind establishments - send in your favorite!)
- Aglemesis Brothers - start with desert - fantastic old world ice cream and chocolates. With marble imported from Portugal and embellished with exotic Tiffany lamps - this is the real old fashioned deal in Oakley!
- Awakenings - You can get your morning joe and cap your evening off here too. Weekend live entertainment and occasional wine tasting also.
- Ambar and Baba India - two locations - same great Indian food!
- Amol - another fine Indian restaurant to journey to
- Bankock Bistro - wonderful Thai restaurant
- Baxter's Eatery & Saloon - a varied menu of freshly prepared meals (not typical bar food!)
- Coco's - a charming restaurant and night club in the French Quarter - New Orleans Style... fine food - live music.
- Cumin - contemporary Indian food that is intended to be more gourmet vs. only ethnic - yum!
- Dewey's - a fine, hand tossed gourmet piece of pie - pizza that you'll get a calling for!
- Jean Robert at Pigalls - sadly the 5 star restaurant "The Masonette" is gone - but master French chef Jean Robert continues with his own wonderful place - double Yum!
- Lemon Grass - Thai worth the try - one of the best in town!
- Pomodori Pizzeria - gourmet pizza fired over wood... mmmh!
- Riverside Korean Restaurant - a wonderful little place where you can go left and sit western - or to the right and dine upon the floor in style. Go early it's busy!
- Trio - a broad menu of fine and fresh foods from an executive chef. One of Cincinnati's dining hot spots noon and dinner. (only a couple of minutes from Sound Foundry - burp!!)
- Best of Cincinnati-Eats - If you want more than above - go here!
- The World
- Dr. Wayne Dyer - when you really need to chill!
- PDQ Bach - the alter ego of professor Schickele - when you need a musical laugh! Try the lyrics page - under "The One Face of PDQ Bach"!
- Got a good Link?... Send it in!
Send a New Link or Report a Link Problem Here